Eather Headbands 2010



We’ve all seen them on countless models and celebrities, feathers! From the runways to Main Street USA, they translate so easily. Feather additions are everywhere and the most effortless way to incorporate them into your wardrobe…hair accessories. They can be bohemian, retro, classic or trendy. It’s all about how you decide to design it to fit your style. No matter what, you will be noticed in these feather headbands. Find these feather headbands priced reasonably and all individually handmade at Tano Jewelry. All one of a kind and no two are alike, get beautiful feather head bands today and finish that outfit off in the sexiest way.

Denim Jacket Revival



I"ve had a denim jacket for years, and I almost never wear it. Sometimes I get jacket envy when I see cool girls wearing denim jackets on street style blogs, which is totally irrational because I happen to have practically the same jacket these girls are wearing. What I really envy is the fact that, unlike me, they actually wear the jacket. I appear to lack this ability. When I see these girls wearing flannel and denim it looks great, but somehow, standing in front of the mirror in the morning, the pairing doesn"t quite have the same flair. On me, it looks plain and easy. I"d rather wear flannel and my leather jacket if I"m going down that route, because at least leather has a bit more of an edge. So the jacket hangs from its hook (or, to be honest, lies crumpled on my floor somewhere) and is rarely taken out for a spin.
What I"m getting at here is that I think I need to make some changes to my denim jacket in order to actually wear it. My first idea on the subject was studs - I mean, you know I love me some studded denim - but that feels so done these days. I see that everywhere. Ditto chopping off the sleeves and making the jacket a vest. Ditto bleaching it. So what"s to be done? I dipped into my inspiration folder and emerged victorious! Check out this lovely little jacket:

I believe the model is actually wearing a patched vest over a torn up jacket, but it"s the combo that gets me. I love the ditzy florals and the way the rips temper the girliness factor. I think something similar could even be done with lace, although I really am partial to the floral prints.However, if I lose my nerve when it comes to making such a feminine addition to my jacket, I think I could make a slightly punkier compromise.Now don"t get me wrong - the jacket is staying a jacket. I can"t quite tell what is going on in this picture - it appears that either there is some kind of denim corset or the denim is actually cut into strips and attached to a blazer - but I"m not really concerned with the details. I like the ragged, contrasting strips of fabric and even the lopsided stars.I"ve been home from school for about a week, and I"m getting fairly bored. I think it"s about time for a new project. Denim jacket resuscitation time, perhaps?

First Look at Katie Holmes for Miu Miu



We’ve all seen them on countless models and celebrities, feathers! From the runways to Main Street USA, they translate so easily. Feather additions are everywhere and the most effortless way to incorporate them into your wardrobe…hair accessories. They can be bohemian, retro, classic or trendy. It’s all about how you decide to design it to fit your style. No matter what, you will be noticed in these feather headbands. Find these feather headbands priced reasonably and all individually handmade at Tano Jewelry. All one of a kind and no two are alike, get beautiful feather head bands today and finish that outfit off in the sexiest way.The first shots of Katie Holmes’ much-anticipated ad campaign for Miu Miu have been released and the actress looks stunningly beautiful in what the company calls a “moment of spectacular drama.”

“Katie Holmes joins the ever-expanding living history of Miu Miu inspirations, vital and modern individuals that shape and alter their surroundings through powerful grace,” said the company’s rep.Katie’s strong bone structure always photographs well and the sepia tone of the ad delivers a cool, vintage feel. Shot by Mert Alas and Marcus Piggott in New York last November, the ads were inspired by Italian director Fellini, and hoped Katie would appear to be a “luminous icon radiating a sense of mystery and theatricality.”

Which Dress Will It Be?



For the upcoming inauguration ceremony on Jan. 20, 2009, fashion designers created amazing sketches of a gown for Michelle Obama. Check out the gowns designed by Betsey Johnson, Badgley Mischka, Monique Lhuillier, Isaac Mizrahi, Carolina Herrera, Karl Lagerfeld (for Chanel), Diane Von Furstenberg, Christian Lacroix, Peter Som and a lot more. So step aside and give it up for Michelle Obama.


My favorite? The stunning black and white gown designed by Oscar de la Renta, but based upon her fashion history, I’m betting she goes with the amethyst Isaac Mizrahi.

Armani Privé

In Paris this year Armani displyed his Autumn '06 couture line, Armani Privé, sending ripples into the pond of the fashion-conscious world. With 31 evening looks, he subtly but forcefully declared delicate tulle as the fabric for evening wear, inspired by the 40s with faint traces of the decade throughout the collection.





This gorgeous strapless evening gown as modelled by Caroline Amaral is so simple yet elegant and the full skirt really looks amazing! My second favourite out the whole collection.





This sparkly, midnight blue number looks stunning for an evening look...perfect for an award ceromony and/or if you are an extremely wealthy A-list celebrity (ah, so that's where I'm going wrong...)




My ultimate favourite! This floaty bejewelled dress is a fairytale - perfect for the princess in us all... *sigh* ♥

Fashion Buzz

Marc Jacobs RTW Spring 2010
Ciara Harris and Eva Pigford donning their over-the-knee boots with skinny jeans.

Style File: Blake Lively

Gossip girl has been going strong for 3 seasons now already. Every week young girls tune in to find out what Serena and Blair are up to. The oufits in the serie are simply stunning. Serena van der Woodsen or Blake Lively really stand out with her fashionable, sometimes bohemian chic outfits.

We don't get tired of Blake Lively's character Serena as she allways know how to get her attention. Whether it's with her behaviour or with her stylish looks.










  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment